Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 3...Tile Coaters

Today I'm posting something that I did in the past...not exactly cheating because I did the pin before the challenge.  I'm ahead of the game here, cut me some slack :)

I saw this 'Pin' and loved the idea.  The design on the pin is a cute pattern from a blog called Shanty 2 Chic, but these coasters I was doing where for my niece as a birthday gift.  I used some pics she took when she visited Italy so the coasters are to remind her of her time there.  I'm using the same method for these coasters as the pinner.

Cute huh!  It is so simple to do too.  Just get some marble tiles, I used 4x4, print the image that you want on regular paper (if you are using words make sure you print a mirror image), cut to size.    cover one side of the marble with Mod Podge then cover the image with Mod Podge.  Put the image side down on the tile and smooth out the print, I used a credit card to go over it to get any air bubbles out.  Bake in the over at 170 for 20 min.  Once it's done, run water (paper side up) on the tile and rub the paper.  The paper will start to rub off, but the image will stay!  So cool huh!  Now go try your own!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment